Updated: Jan 11
Have you ever just looked back on life and thought to yourself, “Huh... If only I knew that at one point…”. Well, here are eleven pieces of advice that I wish I had known eleven years ago. I hope that these little things add more room for happiness and love to enter into your life. Also, sometimes these are the reminders we just need to hear during difficult seasons in our lives.
1. You must first learn to love yourself before you can truly love someone else.
2. Happiness is caused by circumstance, but joy comes from within.
3. Change is hard, but it is necessary for growth. You cannot want to change something while not willingly stepping out of your comfort zone.
4. Dream big, even when you grow up.
5. Become your own best friend, and treat yourself how you would treat someone else or something you loved.
6. Your going to fail a thousand times before you succeed. Be patient and do not think your time is limited. There are reasons God has not given you what you needed yet. If you are disappointed try shifting your perspective on life to things that give you hope.
7. Plant seeds in your life that will bring harvest. Seeds of hope, love, and encouragement.
8. If you don’t go after what you want, then you will never have it. You have to do something you’ve never done to get somewhere you’ve never been.
9. Be present with family and friends, you will not have them forever.
10. Have a big enough heart so you are able to even love the people you cannot stand. Set your priorities and don’t put energy into people that won’t give you what you need. Surround yourself with people that will lift you up. Show me your friends and I will show you your future.
11. Forgiveness is crucial for your well-being because bitterness kills your soul.
Have a beautiful day!
Photos from Google Images.